- Ph.D. (Mathematics) Brunel University, 1990
- M.Sc. (Numerical Analysis) Brunel University, 1987
- B.S. (Mathematics) University of Patras, 1985
- Professor, University of Cyprus, 2010-
- Associate Professor, University of Cyprus, 2002-2010
- Visiting Associate Professor, University of Crete, Fall 1999 and Spring 2007
- Assistant Professor, University of Cyprus, 1996-2002
- Lecturer, University of Cyprus, 1993-1996
- Visiting Lecturer, University of Athens, 1992-1993
- Research Fellow, Brunel University, 1990
- Head of the National Examination Committe for Employing School Teachers in Mathematics, Republic of Cyprus, 2017-2018
- Academic Advisor, Onnasis Foundation, Athens, Greece, 2016-2019
- Member of the Selection Committee, Cyprus Scholarships Fundation, 2017/18
- Director, Center for Learning and Teaching, University of Cyprus, 2016-2017
- Member of the Scientific Committee, Ministry of Education and Culture, Republic of Cyprus, 2013-2018
- Independent Evaluator, Cyprus Council for the Recognition of Higher Education Qualifications, 2016/2017
GRANTS AND AWARDS
- Academy of Athens award 2014 on Mathematical Analysis 2014, for the publication «Strong Asymptotics for Bergman Polynomials over Domains With Corners and Applications»
- Research in Pairs, MF Oberwolfach: "Stability of Reconstruction Algorithms from Moments", July 2016 (with B. Beckermann, M. Putinar and E. Saff)
- UCY research grant 3/311-21033, "Orthogonal Polynomials in the Complex Plane", 2013-2015
- UCY research grant 3/311-21027, "Orthogonal Polynomials in the Complex Plane", 2010-2012
- Research in Pairs, MF Oberwolfach: "Distribution of Zeros and Asymptotics", Jan 2011 (with Ed Saff, Herbert Stahl and Vilmos Totik)
- Research in Pairs, MF Oberwolfach: "Strong Asymptotics and Inverse Problems", Jan 2008 (with Bjorn Gustafsson, Mihai Putinar and Ed Saff
- Bursary, Faculty of Science, Brunel University, 1987-1988
- National Scholarship for Excellence, Greek State Scholarships Foundation, 1986-1990
Orthogonal polynomials, theory and applications
Approximation in the complex plane
Numerical methods in conformal mapping
General theory of conformal mapping
Numerical methods in complex analysis
Iterative methods for linear systems
Numerical solution of PDEs
Potentials and capacity, extremal length
Inverse potential problems
Harmonic, subharmonic, superharmonic functions
- Relative Asymptotics of Orthogonal Polynomials for Perturbed Measures, (with E.B. Saff) Mat. Sb. 209 no. 3 (2018) pp. 168-188.
- Bergman Orthogonal Polynomials and the Grunsky Matrix, (with B. Beckermann), Constr. Approx. 47 no. 2 (2018) pp. 211-235.
- Boundary estimates for Bergman polynomials in domains with corners, Contemporary Mathematics, 661 (2016) pp. 187-198.
- Orthogonal polynomials for area-type measures and image recovery, (with E.B. Saff, H. Stahl and V. Totik) SIAM J. Math. Anal. 47-3 (2015) pp. 2442-2463.
- On the zeros of aymptotically extremal polynomial sequences in the plane, (with E.B. Saff) J. Approx. Theory 191 (2015) pp. 118-127.
- Asymptotics for Hessenberg matrices for the Bergman shift operator on Jordan regions, (with E.B. Saff) Compl. Anal. Oper. Theory 8 (2014) no. 1 pp. 1-24.
- Strong asymptotics for Bergman orthogonal polynomials over domains with corners and applications, Constr. Approx. 38 (2013) pp. 59-100.
- On finite-term recurrence relations for Bergman and Szego polynomials, (with L. Baratchart and E.B. Saff) Comput. Methods Func. Theory 12 (2012) no. 2, pp. 393-402.
- Error analysis of the Bergman kernel method with singular basis functions, (with M. Lytrides) Comput. Methods Func. Theory 11 (2011) no. 2, pp. 487-526.
- Numerical Conformal Mapping, (with N. Papamichael) World Scientific, ISBN: 978-981-4289-52-8, 235 pages. (July 2010.)
- Bergman polynomials on an Archipelago: Estimates, Zeros and Shape Reconstruction, (with B. Gustafsson, M. Putinar and E.B. Saff), Adv. Math. 222 (2009) pp. 1405-1460.
- Asymptotics for Polynomial Zeros: Beware of Predictions from Plots, (with E.B.Saff), Comput. Methods Func. Theory 8 (2008) no. 2 pp. 385-407.
- Finite-term relations for planar orthogonal polynomials (with M. Putinar), Compl. Anal. Oper. Theory 1 (2007) no. 3 pp. 447-456.
- Optimal semi-iterative methods for complex SOR with results from potential theory, (with A. Hadjidimos), Numer. Math. 103 (2006) pp. 591-610.
- Zero distribution for polynomials orthogonal with weights over certain planar regions, (with E. Mina-Diaz and E.B. Saff), Comput. Methods Function Theory 5 (2005) no. 1, pp. 185-221
- Zero distribution of Bergman orthogonal polynomials for certain planar domains, (with A.L. Levin and E.B. Saff), Constr. Approx. 19 (2003) pp. 411-435.
- L2-Approximations of power and logarithmic functions with applications to numerical conformal mapping, (with V.V. Maymeskul and E.B. Saff), Numer. Math. 91 (2002) no. 3, pp. 503-542
- Approximating the conformal maps of elongated quadrilaterals by domain decomposition, (with M.I. Falcao and N. Papamichael), Constr. Approx. 17 (2001) no. 4, pp. 589-617.
- The asymptotic behaviour of conformal modules of quadrilaterals with applications to the estimation of resistance values, (with N. Papamichael) Constr. Approx. 15 (1999) pp. 109-134.
- Approximation of conformal mappings of annular regions (with N. Papamichael, I. Pritsker and E.B. Saff), Numer. Math. 76 (1997) pp. 489-513.
- A domain decomposition method for approximating the conformal modules of long quadrilaterals (with N.Papamicael), Numer. Math. 62 (1992) pp. 213-234.
- A domain decomposition method for conformal mapping onto a rectangle (with N. Papamichael), Constr. Approx. 7 (1991) pp. 349-379.