|Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering|
Lazaros Zacharia has received his BSc in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the National Technical University of Athens, Greece, in 2013. In 2014, he obtained the MSc in Sustainable Energy Futures with distinction from Imperial College, London.
He is currently a Ph.D. student in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Cyprus and a Researcher at the KIOS Research and Innovation Center of Excellence.
He is also a member of ETEK (Cyprus Scientific and Technical Chamber) and a graduate student member of IEEE. Finally, he is an authorized Electrical Engineer (3rd class) from the Department of Electrical and Mechanical Services (EMS).
His research interests lie in the areas of:
- Wide Area Monitoring and Control
- Smart grids
- Power systems dynamics and stability
- State estimation in the transmission system
- Renewable energy
1. L. Zacharia, M. Asprou, and E. Kyriakides, "Design of a data delay compensation technique based on a linear predictor for wide-area measurements," in Proc. IEEE PES General Meeting, Boston, pp. 1-5, July 2016.
2. L. Zacharia, L. Hadjidemetriou and E. Kyriakides, "Cooperation of wide area control with renewable energy sources for robust power oscillation damping," in Proc. IEEE PES PowerTech, Manchester, pp. 1-6, June 2017.
3. L. Zacharia, M. Asprou, and E. Kyriakides, "Investigation of the factors influencing wide area control," Proc. IEEE PES General Meeting, Chicago, pp. 1-5, July 2017.