The Chairman of the Department submits to the Dean of the Graduate School the following supporting documents:
- The PhD justifications submission form
- The Departmental Board minutes with the approval of the five-member examining committee.
- An independent written report from the five members of the Examining Committee with preliminary comments and statements on the content of the thesis.
- The final report of the five-member Examining Committee.
- A confirmation of the Research Supervisor of the doctoral student that any recommendations of the Examining Committee for changes in the thesis, have been implemented.
- Both a list and copies of the actual publications that have already produced from the doctoral thesis and/or any articles that are being published/ under crisis, as well as any papers in scientific conferences.
- A confirmation of the Financial Services of the University of Cyprus that the doctoral student has settled all his payments.
- A Doctoral Dissertation Receipt Confirmation from the University Library..
- One hard copy of the PhD thesis.
The Dean of the Graduate School checks all the PhD supporting documents, verifies that the procedure which has been followed was in accordance with the University regulations and forwards all the supporting documents to the Rector's Council for their initial approval. The Rector's Council submits a brief proposal to the Senate for the final decision regarding the award of the Doctor of Philosophy title. The Rector's Council brief proposal is accompanied by the report of the Examining Committee and an abstract of the thesis. The Rector's Council informs the Senate of the existence of any special circumstances. The Doctor of Philosophy title is approved by the Senate.