STAND-BY ENGINEER (+357 - 99 - 536858)
In the extreme case of phone unavailability, your call will be automatically redirected to the voicemail message. In such a case, please leave a message or call back later. Please note that calls from telephones with hidden phone numbers are rejected.
The IT Infranstructure Service offers a standby engineer service for after - office hours, including weekends and public holidays. Details follow:
|DAY||STAND - BY PERIOD|
|Normal workday||17:30 until 07:30 the next day|
|Weekends and public holidays||
All day long
If there are any problems encountered during normal office hours, then the supporters of your department / service should be contacted.
The standby engineer service is for resolving critical problems regarding the following:
- the University's network backbone,
- the University's central servers,
- the central services provided to the University users, like:
- e-mail / collaboration services
- directory service
- internet / Wi-Fi service
- Ip telephony
- the security of the University's domain.
Please note that this service does not cover the following problems:
- problems related to equipment and networks not administered by the IT Infrastructure Service
- hardware and / or software problems of departmental equipment (e.g printer failures, office tools support),
- personal account problems and user settings (e.g incorrect settings for email clients of individuals (such as MS Outllook, mac mail, thunderbird), incorrect network settings, quota problems etc),
- personal computer problems (e.g malfunctioning operating systems, incorrect settings, viruses, malfunctioning wired / wireless network card)
The above mentioned problems are the responsiblity of the supporters of your department / service. Please contact them during normal office hours to remedy such problems.