A final conference on the results of the project was organized at the University on the 8th of January 2011. Teachers from all participating countries were invited to participate in the conference and members of our research team present the theoretical framework, the methodology and the main findings of the project. Teacher workshops were also organized and participants had the chance to exchange experiences and opinions about the proposed dynamic approach to face and reduce bullying and on the main results of the project concerning the impact of the approach on reducing bullying. Teachers discussed issues related to the factors that affect the reduction of bullying (e.g., policy for the learning environment and teaching, cooperation and interaction with the students, cooperation with other stakeholders, evaluation of the school policy for the school learning environment, evaluation of teaching) and the importance of establishing school self evaluation mechanisms.
- The theoretical background of the project: Leonidas Kyriakides
- Implementing the project: Marietta Papadatou
- School level contextual factors predicting bullying: Daniel Muijs
- The impact of the school based strategies on Social Cognition: Lyset Rekers
- Evaluating the impact of the Daphne programme on the reduction of bullying: Peter Van Petegem
- Discussion: Akis Giovazolias