Instructor: Andreas Othonos
This course will provide an up-to-date reference on state of the art terahertz spectroscopic techniques, focusing in particular on time-domain methods based on femtosecond laser sources, and reviewing important recent applications of terahertz spectroscopy in physics. The course will cover the following:
- Terahertz Time-Domain Spectroscopy with Photoconductive Antennas.
- Nonlinear Optical Techniques for Terahertz Pulse Generation and Detection-Optical Rectification and Electro-optic Sampling.
- Time-Resolved Terahertz Spectroscopy and Terahertz Emission Spectroscopy.
- Time-Resolved Terahertz Studies of Carrier Dynamics in Semiconductors.
- Superconductors and Strongly Correlated Electron Materials.
- Time-Resolved Terahertz Studies of Conductivity Processes in Novel Electronic Materials.
• Project on selected topic on Terahertz pulse Spectroscopy 40%
• Presentation of selected topic on Terahertz pulse Spectroscopy 10%
• Final exam on all material 50%