Important note: You can travel to Cyprus through the Larnaca and Paphos Airports, which are the only legal entries to the Republic of Cyprus.
The Larnaca Airport is situated close to Nicosia, where the Conference will be held (ca. 30 min by car).
For the timetable and other information concerning the airport shuttle (Kapnos Airport Shuttle) please visit http://www.kapnosairportshuttle.com/
- Details on accommodation are provided on this webpage (see 'Accommodation' at the top of the home page). Please note that special offers have been arranged in various hotels for the PTPM Conference.
- Maps are also provided by clicking the related link at the top of the home page. Maps, together with other useful material, will also be given to the participants upon registration.
News added on 3/4/2013:
The Venue of the Conference is:
- 12-14 April 2013: The Anastasios G. Leventis Foundation (40 Gladstone Street, 1095 Nicosia).
- 15 April 2013: The Archaeological Research Unit, University of Cyprus (12 Gladstone Street, 1095 Nicosia)
News added on 28/3/2013:
- The Organising Committee wishes to inform the participants that some of the planned activities have been adjusted, as a result of the recent economic situation on Cyprus:
1. Workshops: Only one workshop willbe organised, on Monday the 15th of April. It will focus on the microscopic examination of the petrology of fabrics of Cypriot and other eastern Mediterranean amphorae. It will take place at the premises of the Archaeological Research Unit, between 10:00-13:00. The rest of the day will be free of conference activities.
2. Lunch: It has been possible to secure the funding for the coffee breaks but not for the lunches. However, a good offer has been obtained from Catering Services, which includes a variety of dishes (including vegetarian ones). The cost amounts to 20 euros per person for the three days of the conference (Friday, Saturday and Sunday), which the participants will have to pay upon registration.
3. Conference dinner: The University of Cyprus will not be able to offer the conference dinner, which was planned for Saturday night, the 13th of April. All the same, we are going to keep the booking at the restaurant, and those who wish to participate will have to pay for their own meal, which will cost 20 euros per person.
4. Post-conference excursion: A trip to Paphos, the capital of Hellenistic and Roman Cyprus, is planned for Tuesday, the 16th of April. In order to make this trip possible, a minimum number of 20 participants is necessary; the cost will be 30–40 euros per person, including lunch. Again, payment will have to be made upon registration. You are kindly requested to inform the Organising Committee, as soon as possible, whether you intend to participate. If there are less than 20 participants, other alternatives will be discussed.
The Organising Committee apologises for any inconvenience that the above changes may cause and thanks everyone for understanding the present circumastances.