You can apply for postgraduate study in the Interdepartmental Programme in Byzantine Studies either by using the online application form, or by completing the paper application form, which you can obtain from the secretaries of the two relevant departments (BNE and IΣA). The paper application form should be submitted to one of the two departments.
Closing date: 31st of March (for admission in early September of the same year)
1. Copies of university degrees, and of a postgraduate degree (for PhD studies), or statement of expected graduation in the summer preceding enrolment in the postgraduate programme. After admission the candidate will be asked to show the originals.
2. A transcript and a detailed list of the courses taken at the undergraduate level.
3. Α sample of written work, namely an essay on a topic of the candidate's choice in Byzantine Literature, History, Archaeology, History of Art, Classical Studies or another related field, or an MA thesis on a topic in Byzantine Studies or a related field (for PhD studies).
4. Certificates showing a satisfactory knowledge of one language from the five international languages of Byzantine Studies (English, French, German, Italian and Russian).
5. Two letters of recommendation will be sent by the referees themselves to one of the two relevant departments. The academic reference instruction form can be downloaded from the programme's website, or obtained from the secretaries of the two relevant departments.