You can apply for postgraduate study in the Interdepartmental Programme in Byzantine Studies either by using the online application form, or by completing the paper application form, which you can be obtained from the secretaries of the two relevant departments (BNE and IΣA). The paper application form should be submitted to one of the two departments.
Closing date: 31st of March (for admission in September of the same calendar year)
- Copies of university degrees, and of a postgraduate degree, or statement of expected graduation in the summer preceding enrolment in the postgraduate programme. After admission the candidate will be asked to show the originals.
- A transcript and a detailed list of the courses taken at the undergraduate level.
- Α sample of written work, namely an MA thesis on a topic in Byzantine Studies (i.e. in Byzantine Literature, History, Archaeology, History of Art, Classical Studies) or another related field.
- Certificates showing a satisfactory knowledge of two languages from the five international languages of Byzantine Studies (English, French, German, Italian and Russian). The submission of the related certificates (e.g. GCE A level or TOEFL [550 on the paper test, 213 on the computer test and 80 on the internet test] for English, DELF - A1 - A2 - B1 - B2, TCF 400 for French and Mittelstufe for German) is required.
- The two letters of recommendation will be sent by the referees themselves to one of the two relevant departments. The academic reference instructions form can be downloaded here, or can be obtained from the secretaries of the two relevant departments.
Applications in either Greek or English are accepted.