- Detailed CV and research proposal
- Copy (scan) of postgraduate degree (MA/Mastère) from a recognised university or statement of expected graduation in the summer or fall preceding enrolment in the PhD programme. After admission the candidate will be asked to show the original.
- Copy (scan) and grade of undergraduate university degree.
- A transcript and a detailed list of the courses taken by the candidate at the undergraduate and MA levels.
- Two letters of recommendation from specialists, preferably university professors or renowned researchers.
- Submission of the candidate’s MA thesis.
- Certificate showing a satisfactory knowledge of one the five international languages of Byzantine Studies (English, French, German, Italian and Russian).
The instructors may also set additional criteria and quality indicators such as: (a) number of candidates’ publications in scientific journals, (b) candidates’ participation in seminars, symposia, research programmes, (c) presentations by candidates at conferences, (d) professional experience, etc..
Admission and Duration of Studies
Admission of new students in September and January. Minimum duration three years. Maximum duration eight years from the day of admission to the PhD programme.
Language of instruction