(6) Orientation Programme - Academic year 2010-11:
The Senate in its 1st Meeting for 2010 (10 January 2010) approved KE.DI.MA.'s suggestion to organise educational seminars for newly qualified instructors during Orientation Week at the start of the Fall Semester 2010-11.In accordance with the Senate's decision "the programme will be compulsory for new members of the academic staff who have no teaching experience as recommended by their Department Heads". The programme will be open to all instructors.
The following 3 seminars have been organised:
(i) 3 September 2010 - "Practical information about UCY and its Administrative Services"
All presentations from the Administrative Services are available here (in Greek).
(ii) 8 September 2010 - "Use of Blackboard", from the IT Services. The seminar will cover the following topics:
- Provision of educational material for students
- Creating and marking exercises
- Learning the marking tool
- Use of internal forum
(iii) 22 & 23 September 2010-E-Learning by Design,
Final Programme Who should attend
Presented by: Mr. Richard Pinet, Manager, Centre for e-Learning, University of Ottawa, Canada
- Web2.0 - A new wave of innovation for teaching and learning?
- The People-Process-Product Continuum in E-Learning: The E-Learning P3 Model
- Building Community in Online Classes Through Group Work
- The Net Generation and The School
- Bloom's Taxonomy of Learning Domains
- The Role of the Online Instructor/Facilitator
- Seven Principles for Good Practice in Undergraduate Education
- Discussion Forums/Online Facilitation
(4) "Harnessing Learning Design to Create More Effective Learning Activities" 7 & 8 April 2008
Gráinne Conole, Professor of e-Learning, Open University, UK.
Return to Workshops & Seminars for UCY Instructors