INTRODUCTION: for current activities please scroll down
The Centre for Teaching and Learning (KE.DI.MA.) hosts a number of educational seminars and workshops for UCY teaching staff. These activities fall within the categories below and have arisen as per decisions taken by UCY Authorities. All activities are part of the University of Cyprus Policy for Quality Assurance in Teaching and specifically of Area II which refers to initial training and ongoing faculty professional development:
(1) Orientation & Induction Programme for new teaching staff: The programmes are offered at the beginning of each academic year and include presentations by UCY Administration Services and introduction to teaching seminars.
(2) Workshops & Seminars for instructors: In every academic year, KE.DI.MA. organises educational workshops and seminars on general or specialised topics.
(3) Promotion of e-Learning: At the end of 2004, the Senate of the University of Cyprus approved a policy (in Greek) for the active promotion of e-Learning at UCY. KE.DI.MA. will assume an active role in incorporating eLearning by organising workshops and demonstrations on how eLearning tools available at UCY may be used (e.g. Blackboard, Turnitin). Similar workshops will also be offered to students.
Material relevant to the above can be found here:
Useful Links for instructors
Online Registration for current events
This webpage is updated frequently and further information is posted closer to the date of each event.
*Please note that some of the information on these activities is available only on the Greek version of this website.
12th Orientation & Induction Programme for new teaching staff 2021-2022:
Indicative list of workshops to follow - open to all academics at UCY:
(1) Library services for teaching staff
(2) First Aid seminar
(3) Office 365 tools & Panopto video platform
(4) Blackboard Ι: introduction for teaching support
(5) Blackboard II: tools for hybrid teaching
(6) Library tools for teaching staff
(7) Writing and submitting a research proposal for funding
Teaching staff will be informed about all the educational activities via email.
The Centre for Teaching and Learning in collaboration with [SEIT Lab], is offering the course: ‘Designing, Delivering and Evaluating Online Study-Units’. The course has been selected for an Honorable Mention in the E-Learning category of the International e-Learning Awards 2020. Target audience: This course is designed to provide academic staff, who have little or no experience with online teaching, with the support needed to transfer study-units from a face-to-face to a blended or online format. The course will be available/taught in English. The course facilitators are: Alexandros Yeratziotis (Ph.D) is a Post-Doctoral Researcher at the SEIT laboratory, Dept. of Computer Science, University of Cyprus & Evangelia Vanezi (M.Sc.) is currently a PhD candidate and Researcher at the SEIT laboratory, Dept. of Computer Science, University of Cyprus. The course will run over a nine-week period plus breaks (3 March to 18 May 2021) with the kick-off meeting on 3rd March, only at 3-6pm (synchronous). The remaining sessions will be totally online via Moodle and can be completed from anywhere you have Internet connection, and at any time during the week the session is offered.
Only 30 places are available. Before registering, you are kindly requested to take into consideration the time required to complete the course successfully (a certificate of completion will be provided). It is estimated you will need 3-4 hours to watch the sessions, read the provided materials and to submit the coursework each week. Within the course, you will be required to complete two online surveys for the evaluation of the course content. At the end of the course you may also be asked to participate in a focus group session in order for the facilitators to receive more feedback.
You can read more about the course in the RoadMap.
Register online at http://ucy.ac.cy/kedima-instructors
NEW SEMINARS for instructors (taught online in Greek):
- Using ZOOM, Sunday 22/11/2020, 3-6 pm
- Using MS TEAMS, Saturday 28/11/2020 3-6 pm
- Digital tools for asynchronous and synchronous online teaching, Sunday 29/11/2020 3-6 pm
- Creating online exams using Teams, Blackboard and Zoom, Sunday 6/12/2020, 9am-12pm.
All seminars are taught by Professor Charoula Angeli-Valanides, Department of Education, KE.DI.MA. Director.
11th Orientation & Induction Programme for new teaching staff 2020-21:
You can download the Preliminary Programme (in Greek) for the Orientation & Induction of new academic staff:
- Day 1 - Monday 31 August 2020, 15:00-19:30: Welcome to the University of Cyprus
- Day 2 - Tuesday 1 September 2020, 09:00-17:30: Presntations by UCY Administrative Services
- Day 3 - Wednesday 2 September 2020, 09:00-17:00: Useful tools and services at UCY
9 September 2020
|Office 365 Tools (IT Infrastructure Service)|
16 September 2020
|First Aid Seminar (Medical School)|
23 September 2020
Library tools for teaching staff:
Part A: Resources and subscriptions.
Part B: Research tools (Scopus, Web of Science, Google Scholar)
30 September 2020
Advanced level for Blackboard (Information Applications Service)
Panopto video portal (IT Infrastructure Service)
| 7 October 2020
From writing to submitting a research proposal
(Research Support Service)
- Live Q&A session for instructors on managing the corona virus, 24/9/2020
- Teaching mathematics in HE, workshop & guide manual, Department of Mathematics and Statistics only, 5/2/2021
EU Data Protection Rules – Γενικός Κανονισμός για την Προστασία των Δεδομένων (ΕΕ)
When you enter a UCY public event you enter an area where photography, audio, and video recording may occur. By taking part in the event you grant UCY full rights to use the audiovisual material for publicity purposes. This might include, but is not limited to, printed and online publicity, social media, press releases etc. If you do not wish to be a part of the audiovisual coverage please inform the event organizer
Εισέρχεστε σε δημόσια εκδήλωση του Πανεπιστημίου Κύπρου κατά την οποία πιθανόν να υπάρχει οπτικοακουστική κάλυψη. Συμμετέχοντας στη δημόσια εκδήλωση δίνετε τη συγκατάθεσή σας για να χρησιμοποιηθεί το οπτικοακουστικό υλικό σε δράσεις δημοσιότητας, όπως ενδεικτικά αλλά όχι περιοριστικά , Ανακοινώσεις Τύπου, έντυπο υλικό, αναρτήσεις στα εργαλεία κοινωνικής δικτύωσης κ.ο.κ. Εάν δεν επιθυμείτε να λάβετε μέρος στην οπτικοακουστική κάλυψη παρακαλώ ενημερώστε το διοργανωτή.