(3) Seminar on "Linking Research to Teaching" (taught in English), 26 & 27 November 2014: Celebrating 10 years of the Centre for Teaching and Learning, 2004-2014
(1) 25 & 26 October 2011 - "Introduction to Learning and Teaching in Higher Education".
Instructors: Linda Carey and John Milliken, Queen's University Belfast.
Presentations & Handouts:
25 October 2011
- Session 1: Introduction to models of learning and teaching in higher education
- Postmodernism Versus Professionalism in HE
- Teaching and Technology in HE
- Session 3: Small Group Teaching
- Enabling Active Learning
- Room Layouts
- Group Facilitation Skills
- What I Like About Small Group Teaching
- Questionning Strategies
26 October 2011
- Session 5: Curriculum development: Learning outcomes
- Assessment Grid
- Some Examples of Learning Outcomes
- Session 8: Micro teaching workshop
- Peer Observation
(1) 22 & 23 September 2010-E-Learning by Design,
Final Programme Who should attend
Presented by: Mr. Richard Pinet, Manager, Centre for e-Learning, University of Ottawa, Canada
- Web2.0 - A new wave of innovation for teaching and learning?
- The People-Process-Product Continuum in E-Learning: The E-Learning P3 Model
- Building Community in Online Classes Through Group Work
- The Net Generation and The School
- Bloom's Taxonomy of Learning Domains
- The Role of the Online Instructor/Facilitator
- Seven Principles for Good Practice in Undergraduate Education
- Discussion Forums/Online Facilitation
(3) "Harnessing Learning Design to Create More Effective Learning Activities" 7 & 8 April 2008
Gráinne Conole, Professor of e-Learning, Open University, UK.
(1) "Professional Development Sessions in Teaching", 11-13 October 2005, Prof. P. Blackmore, Coventry University, UK, Prof. S. Law, The University of Warwick, UK
(2) "Good Teaching Practices in Higher Education", 10-12 May 2005, Prof. N. Hativa, Tel Aviv University, Israel.