1) Research Project CODE-IWP: Win Competition for Film Production and TV advertisement on promoting equal participation of men and women in political life. For more information, click here.
2) Press statement ((8.12.2015) made by the Committee of Women' Rights and Gender Equality of the European Parliament. Women on boards: MEPs regret Council's failure to agree position.
Download the press statement. Further information:
Council Conclusions: http://data.consilium.europa.eu/doc/document/ST-14325-2015-INIT/en/pdf
European Parliament legislative resolution (20.11.2013): http://www.europarl.europa.eu/sides/getDoc.do?type=TA&language=EN&reference=P7-TA-2013-0488
3) New publication from DG Justice and Consumers - Equality Law Review 2015-1
Just D1 – Equal treatment legislation – has just released the European Equality Law Review 2015-1. You can download the review here.
This law review provides an overview of the latest developments in gender equality and anti-discrimination law and policy, reflecting, as far as possible, the state of affairs for the period July - December 2014. It includes information relating to European case law developments (European Court of Justice, European Court of Human Rights) as well as the most recent developments in legislation, policy and case law on the national level.
4) International Conference "Gender, Law and Institutions", 21-22 November 2014, University of Cyprus
The UNESCO Chair in Gender Equality and Women's Empowerment and the Department of Law of the University of Cyprus are organizing an International Conference on "Gender, Law and Institutions". The Conference will be held at the University of Cyprus on 21-22 November 2014. For more information with regard to the participation, proposal submissions and registration in the following:
- First Call for Proposals
- Second Call for Proposals
- Proposal Form (deadline extension: 25 September 2014)
FOR PRESENTERS: Please note that submissions where none of the presenting authors is registered as participant by 24 October 2014 may be withdrawn and deleted from the conference programme. Therefore please make sure that at least one of the presenting authors is registered as participant before the end of the registration phase.
FOR LISTENERS: Listeners can register to the conference by 18th of November 2014 or on the spot during the conference.
Download and read the Conference Programme.
5) Announcement from the European Institute for Gender Equality (EIGE)
7) New Publication Announcement: E-book "Can a victimized child be resilient?" (2013)
A new e-book, significant contribution to Mothers' and Children's well- being, giving impetus to future research, written with sensitivity and innovative style, approach and ideas... The e-book "Can a victimized child be resilient?" Selected research findings and challenges coming from DAPHNE III JLS/2008/CFP/DAP/2008, co-authored by Iveta Kovalčíková, Peter Babinčák, Katarína Fuchsová, Slávka Karkošková and Gabriela Mikuláškováhas, has now been published by the Unesco Chair in Gender Equality and Women's Empowerment - University of Cyprus.
This e-book examines the effects of domestic violence on children and details children's capacities for resilience in a high-risk setting. The various contributions are derived from the results of the European Project VI.C.T.I.MS (2009-2011, JLS/2008/DAP3/AG/1157-30-CE-03116350015 funded by Daphne III Programme, 2009 - 2011). The participant countries in this project were Cyprus (University of Cyprus), Italy (University of Rome Tre), Romania (University of Oradea) and Slovakia (University of Presov), with Prof. Mary Koutselini (University of Cyprus) as the leader and coordinator of the international research team. The book is a valuable resource for everybody interested in Gender, Social, and Education Studies.
It can be downloaded here.